Hargreaves Lansdown Currency Service
|International Clients||Only UK and EU|
|Minimum Transfer||£250 for direct debits, no minimum limit for other transactions|
|Trading via||Online Platform or Telephone|
|Offices In||Bristol, UK|
|Regulation||✓ FCA (UK)|
|Fees||£5 for online orders under £3,500, £10 for telephone orders under £7,500, and £7 for direct debits for orders under £500. However, Hargreaves Lansdown charges no fees for orders over the thresholds mentioned above.|
|Client Reviews||2,100 reviews on Feefo, 400 on Trustpilot|
|Client Rating||4.6/5 on Feefo, 3.9/10 on Trustpilot|
– Britain’s Most Admired Companies – Management Today (2017 & 2018)
– Best Direct Platform: Digital Experience – Platforum Awards 2018
– Best Platform for D2C – Professional Adviser Awards 2018
Overall Positive Reviews
1,200 Employees (Total at Hargreaves)
Fees on Small Transfers
Not Specialising only in Money Transfers
Several Hundreds of Complaints Online
Limited Currency Selection
View Recommended Alternatives:
Are you sure you found the best money transfer company for your needs? Discover HL money transfer competitors
- Supported Currencies: 120.
- Offices: UK, USA, France, Spain, Ireland, Australia, HK, UAE, Brazil, Gibraltar and Romania
- Execution of Orders: Online, via Telephone, or In App.
- Strong Point: Reputation, Liquidity, Service, Credit Rating
- Operating Since 1979. Highest Credit Rating Across the Industry.
4.6 /5 on Feefo
- Supported Currencies: 121.
- Offices: All 5 Continents, but not accepting USA based businesses.
- Execution of Orders: Via Telephone, Online or In Person.
- Strong Point: Exchange Rate Margins of 0.25%-0.15% for Large Clients and Excellent Service.
- Trading more than $7bn each year.
9.8 /10 on Feefo
- Supported Currencies: 59.
- Offices: UK, Australia.
- Execution of Orders: Online, via Telephone, or In Person.
- Strong Point: Online Platform, Dealers Experience, Employee Retention
- FastTrack 100 Listed.
9.4 / 10 on TrustPilot
Our Rating: 78.6%
Status: Not In MTC’s Most Recommended List
HL Money Transfer Review Summary
- Credibility Score - 92%92%
- Client Feedback - 70%70%
- Fees, Exchange Rates - 81%81%
- Global Reach, Availability, Service - 70%70%
- Added Values - 80%80%
HL money transfer is a solid option for anyone transferring more than £3,500 (below that, fixed fees will make the transfer necessarily expensive). Hargreaves Lansdown is a well recognised, publicly traded FTSE100 firm, boasting professional staff and overall positive reviews from across the internet. With that being said HL money transfer is not a specialist dedicated specifically for international money transfers like Currencies Direct or Moneycorp (who even took down their travel money business to focus exclusively on international bank transfers). We don’t see any major advantage to using HL Money Transfer over any of its specialist competitors.