For business and private customers who are interested in transferring money from UK to France, or transfer money from France to UK, the following list represents our most recommended services to facilitate that. No transfer fees, excellent exchange rates, bespoke service, and above all credibility and safety is what leads us in our choice. The best international money transfer services are reviewed and compared on MoneyTransferComparison since 2014, and a substantial amount of readers are looking specifically at money transfers from UK to France and money transfers from France to UK.
⭐ Best Way to Transfer Money UK / France [Top 4] ⭐
- #1 Rated on MTC
- Industry Leader with £10bn in Annual Turnover
- No Transfer Fees, Great Rates
- 16 Offices in Spain
- Top Notch Guidance with Expertise in the French Market
- Headequarters Outside of London - Lower Staff Costs Rolled Over to the Client
- Quick Onboarding Process and Highly Professional
- Trading Desk with 100+ Years of Experience
- Excellent Online System
- Competitive Exchange Rates
- Many Satisfied Corporate Clients
- Many Hedging Options
- Clients Accepted Globally
- Expertise in Australia with Local Offices
- Regulated in UK and EU, local offices in France (including a dedicated section on Moneycorp website)
- Very well known and respected in the FX industry, the first company to ever offer non-bank foreign exchange services
- Many consumer and business industry awards, as well as 95% positive reviews from clients
- Sophisticated hedging offering
- Recepient of Multiple Industry Awards
- Close and Personal Touch
- Specialists in the UK-Spain Corridor
- Fast to Provide Quote
- 99% Positive Customer Feedback
- Known for Great Guidance and Service
- Excellent Website
- Operating for 15+ Years
Why Use a Money Transfer Service to Transfer Money from UK to France?
Why it makes sense to sidestep the bank?
In terms of simplicity, it’s probably easiest to use your existing checking account provider to transfer money from UK to France. This does, however, come with some serious warnings which primarily revolve around the cost to make the transfer, as well as the service you will be receiving.
- Fees: transfer fees to transfer money from a UK bank account to a bank account in France, or transferring money from France to a UK bank account, will cost anything from several pounds to dozens. Money transfer services offer customers to transfer money abroad with no fixed wire costs per transfer, at all.
- Margins: when you are transferring foreign currency abroad, such as in the case of UK / France money transfers, you are also paying a markup on the currency you are buying. If you transferred Sterling but the recipient is receiving a foreign currency, the amount the recipient will receive is significantly less than what the sender sent. UK banks and banks in France are going to charge 1.5-3%, most likely, in markups, and they will make this fee as opaque and difficult-to-decipher as they possibly can. With money transfer providers, you can send money from UK to France, or transfer money from France back to UK, paying a significantly less margin (depending on your volume and the type of contract you choose – Spot or Forward).
- Service: when conducting international money transfers from UK to France or France to UK, you will face times in which you would want to have a professional available to address your questions. “Why hasn’t my transfer arrived yet”, “Is this the right timing to commence that trade”, “What are my FX hedging options” or even things as minor as verifying the right format of a SWIFT transfer. You are not likely to receive optimal service from the bank unless you have a major corporate account. With a money transfer brokerage, if your requirement is of £5,000 or more per year in transfers, you will be assigned a personal dedicated dealer.With an online money transfer service (like Wise), you will not get a dedicated personal dealer but you will have access to a professional support team that assists customers transferring money from UK to France and from France to UK en mass.
Common Use-Cases to Use a Dedicated Service for UK – France Transfers
- buying property in either UK or France and have money in a different currency needs to be transferred for that purpose.
- relocating from UK to France or from France to UK and need money to pay for living expenses (and buy property).
- international businesses that receive and make payments in UK and France.
- working on studying abroad in UK or France.
- need to transfer pension money from UK to France or from France to UK.
- inheritance from abroad.
- receiving a payment in a foreign cheque.
For any of the cases above when there are large sum international transfers UK – France or frequent needs for UK – France money transfers, it’s recommended to use international money transfer services featured on this page.