Welcome to our thorough overview discussing the best way to transfer money abroad. Every single service recommended on this page has been carefully and inspected by our staff, and we welcome you to read reviews of companies like World First, Currencies Direct and OFX on their respective pages.
All overseas money transfers service offered by these companies are fee-free, with local banking facilities in the relevant region, and most importantly – safe, secured, and regulated! We look not only for the cheapest way to transfer money abroad, but also for the most reliable, trouble-free, and smoothest way of doing so.
Transferring Money Overseas, Location-Based Recommendations:
- Handle 135+ Currencies
- Helpful Staff
- No Fees from UK
- Industry Leader
- Local Offices
- Global Leaders moving $5bn annually
- Professional Staff
- Average saving of more than 50% VS American Banks
- Easy to sign up
- Operating since 2004
- Local offices in Singapore and HK with local staff
- Publicly Traded Company in Australia
- Industry Giants 20bn in Turnoever
- Expertise in Outbound Australian Transfers
- 90%+ Reviews Of the Firm are Positive
- Local office in Tokyo
- Strong banking connections locally
- Years of experience with Yen transfers
- Local Offices in Dubai
- No fees for outbound transfers
- Operating in UAE for 10+ years
- Great rates on the AED
- 90% Positive Client Reviews
- One of few companies that can operate for outbound transfer from South Africa
- No fees
- Great ZAR rates
- Great reviews globally and specifically in SA
- No fees
- Local offices in India
- Strong reputation
- NOTE - Currencies Direct does not handle transfers originating in India abroad
Local Offices / Local Settlements
* Approximate figures
** There are a lot more countries/ currencies which compose the remaining 15%
*** We did not list how long will it take any transfer to reach its destination, for that we have created a specific guide on the speed of international money transfers.
For Additional Information on the topic, including examples, view our FX Companies VS Banks comparison.
How did you make the geographic selection?
Well, the majority of large companies we work with will take on any client as long as he passes the compliance checks, and doesn’t reside in countries that are banned for trading. Some locations, mostly in Asia, Africa and the Middle East will require a bit more documents than the UK, Australia, Canada, EU, Scandinavia or Mainland Europe.
Sending money overseas from the country requires the payment facility to be regulated on a state-by-state level. Many of the companies don’t handle USA-based clients at all. The companies we have selected for sending money from the USA and Canada are the ones that handle most states.
Still, there are some variations in our company selection between different areas. Things we have put into consideration include the following:
- Whether company is dealing with local currency
- Whether the company has local offices in the country or nearby
- Whether the site is translated to the local language
- Whether we have received a clear verification from the company they have a client base in that country
- Whether there are promotions/offers specific to a locale
For instance, our recommended company to move money from the UK is World First, which is headquartered in London, and able to move money abroad to 120 different regions including sending money to Australia, Europe, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand and many more locations. The majority of its clients are UK-based or Brits abroad, and it also offers a price rate guarantee for this audience.