If you are selling to the United States and/or paying suppliers in USD (no matter where they are in the world), you’ll need to find yourself the best US Dollar account available in the UK. Step forward, multi-currency digital accounts. These ridiculously quick to open digital bank accounts are available in multiple currencies, including USD. Amazon currency conversion costs can be up to 4.5% of the lump sum converted.
Our USD currency account comparison for UK businesses will help you discover the best option to save money on currency exchanges.
Best USD Business Account / Ecommerce Collection Account UK
View the top rated US Dollar collection accounts in UK below – Updated for: October 2020
- Local USD account held in New York allowing localised settlement in the United States
- Generate your own personal account number with wire transfer and routing number
- USD account is supplied by a leading Tier 1 bank
- Make USD same currency or cross-currency payments
- No maximum transfer limits in or out of the account - use as much as necessary
- Excellent, transparent, currency rates with less than 0.5% spread margin
- Work with marketplaces such as Alibaba, Amazon, eBay and more
- UK-based account managers plus account managers in another four continents
- USD account available to UK, EU and USA clients
- Suitable for marketplace collections only
- Corporate FX Specialists
- Great Online Platform
- Many Consumer and Business Awards
- 0.75% Fixed Margin on Foreign Currency Payments
- USD account available to UK clients
- Make and receive USD payments
- Bank Accounts in USA, Canada, UK, EU, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia are available
- Publicly traded company
- Ultra Professional
- OFX currency accounts capped at 1.5% for cross-currency payments
- US dollar account in the UK easily available
- 1,000,000 USD transfer limit, 15,000 USD limit per day using ACH, 2,000 limit per day using debit/credit card
- Hold balances in multiple currencies, including your USD business bank acount
- Most Recognizable Brand in Money Transfers Today
- Transparent Pricing, much cheaper than UK/US banks
The ground facts
- If you are selling on Amazon into the United States (or any territory where USD is charged) and are using the default Amazon setup, you will lose up to 4% of your sales in foreign exchange fees when using their Amazon Global Seller Program if you supply a GBP denominated bank account in the UK for your USD sales.
- If you are using eBay, your items will appear more expensive than their listed price for international buyers (due to Paypal’s high currency exchange fees, even if you transfer money from Paypal account to your Transferwise account).
- If you use a US bank to exchange overseas funds to domestic currency, it may cost you up to 5% of the lump sum (unless you have a multi foreign currency account set up).
Selling internationally comes with enough complications of operations and tax and as it is, but nevertheless – it presents huge growth potential for your business. Using the right services together, offering you multi-currency accounts, a USD business bank account in the UK and cheaper FX will beat Amazon’s currency exchange program (offered via the Amazon Global Sellers Online centre), eBay’s currency exchange fees, or other high-cost “default” solution.
Best USD Account UK & Your Savings – Online Marketplace Sellers
|Annual Turnover||Amazon Currency Exchange||Specialist Provider||Saving|
|$10,000||$400 in currency fees||$150-$200 in currency fees||$200-$250|
|$50,000||$2,000 in currency fees||$500-$750 in currency fees||$1,250-$1,500|
|$100,000||$4,000 in currency fees||$500-$1,000 in currency fees||$3,000-$3,500|
|$1,000,000||$40,000 in currency fees||$5,000 in currency fees||$39,500|
Notes: The table above is not marketplace specific. The currency exchange services for online sellers can be applicable to your business regardless of whether you sell on Amazon, Ali Baba, TMall, Overstock, eBay, Ubid, Bonanza, or any other online marketplace. The figures used in this table are only meant to demonstrate what could you could potentially save; They use 4% as the base figure for currency exchange fees, and 0.5%-1% in foreign currency fees when choosing a specialist provider – this is not necessarily what you’re paying at the moment, or what you’ll be paying with a currency provider, but rather a rough figure based on Amazon’s FX fees and information supplied by currency providers.
The Best USD Account in UK?
Multi-Currencies Accounts Keep You Covered!
The below are the type of foreign currency accounts you can open globally using two of our most recommended multi-currency accounts:
|With World First You can…||With OFX You Can…|
|✓ Open USD accounts from UK||Open USD accounts from UK|
|✓ Open USD accounts from Australia||Open USD accounts from Australia|
|✓ Open USD accounts from Europe||Open USD accounts from Europe|
Note there are other bank and non-bank services enabling prospective clients to open up foreign bank accounts abroad for their businesses, such as HSBC multi currency account, we have only focused on services offered by money transfer companies.
How to open a USD account in the UK.
If you want to open a dollar account in the UK then you should know the process is surprisingly simple when using an international money transfer firm or Fintech listed on this page. The process will look a little like this:
- Choose who you deem to be the best USD business account in the UK from our selection above.
- Open your account online (shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes to complete your initial application for any of the USD bank accounts in the UK listed here).
- Complete your registration profile by uploading your documents to verify your account for security purposes. The same compliance protocools apply to FinTech’s operating US dollar accounts in the UK as banks, FinTech’s just speed the whole process up by automating a lot of the process online).
- Activate your dollar accounts in the UK and any other currency accounts you require. Get your USD bank account details – including wire number, routing number and account number.
- Upload funds, receive incoming payments and, in some cases, even order your debit card to start sending from your USD account in the UK.
Added Values When Using our US dollar Accounts in the UK?
Companies like World First, MoneyCorp or OFX provide whoever chooses to use them with a lot more than simply moving money from point A to point B, or enabling business to collect and pay savings from a multi-currency bank account. It’s not only about improving the poor currency exchange rate offered by Banks, Amazon’s Global Sellers Program or improving your eBay seller account’s value proposition to overseas buyers.
All three of these companies listed are happy to provide customers with dedicated account managers who become an integral part of your business – they can assist on the right time to exchange certain currencies, suggest hedging solutions tailored to your business’ needs, and even help on topics relating to selling internationally online based on their experience in assisting many clients like yourself.For example, we’ve heard of cases where representatives from these companies have helped online sellers on Amazon reduce their Amazon Seller fees above and beyond the Amazon Money Transfer by recommending local solutions for delivery as well as recommending new marketplaces to sell on, with unique introductory offers.
Additionally, the power of opening USD bank accounts in the UK (or any other multi-currency account locally), and accepting payments in foreign currency into your bank account is simply unrivalled in the money transfer and currency exchange industry. Very few companies have the same capabilities when it comes to USD business bank accounts in the UK for businesses and online sellers as the companies listed here.
Bottom Line – Dollar Accounts in the UK Comparison
If you are a small business or online seller, making foreign currency payments in USD or receiving them, you should consider a specialised and bespoke service to open a dollar account in the UK. This represents our our top 4 choices for the best USD business account in the UK.