This review of Airwallex money transfer will explain the advantages and disadvantages of using the company’s money transfer services. We focus on client reviews, fees and exchange rates, quality of online platform, and level of service. To view recommended competitors view our top 10 money transfer rating.
Great rates, and even better rates for enterprise clients Plenty of positive media attention One month no-fees trial Payments via API Leader in business payment automation Very strictly regulated Relatively new company Not enough client feedback on services No private client offering
Logo Established 2015 International Clients Business clients only – Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong, China & Australia Currencies Offered 50 Minimum Transfer No minimum Trading via Offices In Hong Kong. Offices: London, Melbourne, Singapore, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Beijing and San Francisco. Regulation Fees Promotional Code None, but clients are eligible for no fees in the first month and free Shopify for 2 months # Client Reviews Online 116 reviews on Facebook page Client Rating 5 stars Website www.airwallex.com Advantages Disadvantages
Great rates, and even better rates for enterprise clients
Plenty of positive media attention
One month no-fees trial
Payments via API
Leader in business payment automation
Very strictly regulated
Relatively new company
Not enough client feedback on services
No private client offering
- Supported Currencies: 120.
- Offices: UK, USA, France, Spain, Ireland, Australia, HK, UAE, Brazil, Gibraltar and Romania
- Execution of Orders: Online, via Telephone, or In App.
- Strong Point: Reputation, Liquidity, Service, Credit Rating
- Operating Since 1979. Highest Credit Rating Across the Industry.
4.6 /5 on Feefo
- Supported Currencies: 121.
- Offices: All 5 Continents, but not accepting USA based businesses.
- Execution of Orders: Via Telephone, Online or In Person.
- Strong Point: Exchange Rate Margins of 0.25%-0.15% for Large Clients and Excellent Service.
- Trading more than $7bn each year.
9.8 /10 on Feefo
- Supported Currencies: 59.
- Offices: UK, Australia.
- Execution of Orders: Online, via Telephone, or In Person.
- Strong Point: Online Platform, Dealers Experience, Employee Retention
- FastTrack 100 Listed.
9.4 / 10 on TrustPilot
Our Rating: 92.6%
Company Information and Credibility
AirWallex is a relatively new company to enter the competitive space of international payments in 2015, which has managed to set a strong foothold in the market and expand significantly in less than 4 years of existence. The firm now employs more than 320 employees across 8 global offices, and is making headlines in tech publications due to its colossal funding to date. The company has raised more than $200m with a current valuation surpassing the $1bn mark, an achievement that only private-client-facing rival Transferwise has managed to surpass. The company has reported they are on track to transfer $3bn for its clients this year, an amount comparable to what major, well-positioned, competitors such as Currencies Direct are transacting annually through their corporate desk.
The company hasn’t only grown at a staggering pace to date but is in fact continuing its expansion currently, with plans to enter the US market later on this year as well as working on entirely new products which are still yet to be released.
- ✓ United Kingdom – FCA – Electronic Money Institution (EMI) Licence
- ✓ Europe – FCA – EMI Licence is passported throughout the EEA
- ✓ Australia – ASIC – Australian Financial Services Licence
- ✓ Canada – FINTRAC – Money Service Business
- ✓ Hong Kong – Customs and Excise Department – Money Services Operators Licence
Although we normally recommend staying away from newer companies which don’t have a long and proven track record yet, with Airwallex it’s a whole different story. This firm has been gaining the trust of major investors and increasing in valuation with each funding round, winning awards and getting the attention of all major publications, while accumulating a significant amount of business clients and transacting billions each year. It’s also different to the majority of other payment companies in this space which are normally only leveraging technology for their core business of international currency transfers, while Airwallex is first and foremost a technology-driven company. Providing global bank account functionality, local payment delivery and API connectivity.
We deem Airwallex to be extremely reputable, especially for its relatively short track record.[/su_panel]
- Credibility Score - 96%96%
- Client Feedback - 75%75%
- Fees, Exchange Rates - 97%97%
- Global Reach, Availability, Service - 95%95%
- Added Values - 100%100%
This Airwallex review summary can only say one thing – Airwallex is the best e-wallet and international payment solution for businesses there is. . It has stronger technology and a more diverse offering than literally any other payment company currently on the market, and it offers rates that start from “great” at 0.5% margin and could possibly be “unbeatable” for larger enterprise customers. With 8 offices globally, free virtual accounts and collections accounts, the ability to hold funds in multiple currencies and the simplicity of their API, Airwallex is truly an incredible fit for internationally trading businesses who want to automate their overseas payments and pay less.